If one of your teeth is broken, your dentist may suggest that you have a dental crown to fix the problem. There are various types of dental crowns available which you can choose from. A popular choice is Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics or CEREC crowns. These crowns are placed in your mouth as part of a same-day treatment that allows you to be in and out of the dentist's chair in one afternoon.
CEREC uses the CAM/CAD (Computer-Aided Manufacturing/ Computer-Aided Design) technology that creates your CEREC crown in just a single visit. This cutting-edge digital mapping technology creates a computer image of your tooth and records the inside of your mouth, making it extremely detailed and accurate. Your new crown is fabricated using a solid ceramic block in the dental office itself and bonded to your tooth in the same sitting.
What is the Procedure for Getting CEREC Crowns?
The procedure of getting a CEREC crown is much faster and easier than the typical procedure of a conventional crown. The procedure will begin with a thorough examination of your mouth to determine if a crown is required or not. Next, the dentist will prepare your crown-receiving tooth, and with the help of an intraoral scanner, we will take an image or impression of your teeth. Here, you are saved from biting onto the gooey mass to take an impression of your teeth. Based on the scans, your crown will be fabricated in the dental office itself using high-grade ceramic. The crown will be placed on your teeth once the final touches are added.
Why Should You Choose CEREC Crowns Over Conventional Crowns?
There are numerous reasons why CEREC crowns should be preferred over traditional crowns for tooth restoration, such as:
- Unlike the temporary crowns that are made with resin and do not fit in your mouth properly, CEREC crowns are made of fine-quality dental-grade ceramic, making them comfortable for you to use.
- They help to prevent the chances of getting tooth decay since the crowns fit perfectly on your teeth and eliminate room for further tooth decay.
- The procedure for getting CEREC crowns is quick and easy.
- CEREC crowns save you time, money, and energy since they are attached to your teeth on the same day of your visit.
- The procedure involves minimum grinding, so less pain and discomfort would be involved. The chances of injury are also less because the crown is fitted perfectly in just a single visit.
If you want a durable, natural-looking crown and don't want to wait a couple of weeks for it, CEREC crowns are the ideal solution for you.
Please reach out to Capistrano Dentistry in San Juan Capistrano, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist. Please call us at (949) 661 - 9119 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.